Wichita Family Law Attorneys Work to Resolve Troubling Issues
Experienced and dedicated lawyers see you through difficult times
Family law cases literally strike close to home. So, when choosing an attorney to protect your rights and your children’s welfare, it’s important to look at a law firm’s experience and dedication. At Peggs Wheeler, LC, we have more than 45 years of combined experience helping Wichita clients resolve complex issues, including matters related to family law. No matter what family law issue you’re dealing with, you receive the personal attention of a partner attorney who works closely with you to understand your concerns, identify your goals, and plan an effective strategy to achieve a favorable result.
Determined assistance for a wide range of family law issues
Under the best circumstances, family issues can be emotionally taxing. But when those issues require a legal remedy, the stress surrounding them escalates. At Peggs Wheeler, we understand that you’re anxious and perhaps a bit frantic. We’re here to help by thoroughly explaining the legal process, offering sound guidance and supplying assertive representation that gives you confidence.
The family law issues our firm manages effectively include:
- Adoptions — Our attorneys assist with stepparent adoptions.
- Divorce — We help clients dissolve their marriages and resolve matters of spousal support, child custody, child support, and the equitable division of their marital property. In many divorce cases, we are able to reach a marital settlement through negotiation or litigation. But when a fair outcome requires litigation, we go to court prepared and fight aggressively to protect our client’s rights.
- Marital agreements — Whether you’re engaged or already married, a marital agreement can relieve some of the anxiety you might be feeling over finances. With a clear prenuptial or postnuptial agreement, you can clarify your property rights so you have greater peace of mind. Although often seen as “planning for divorce,” marital agreements can often strengthen a marriage by resolving the one issue that couples fight over most often: finances.
- Paternity — When parents have never been married, it’s necessary to establish paternity to create a legal relationship between father and child. Unless paternity is established, a child has no enforceable right to support and the father has no right to custody or visitation. We represent children, mothers, and putative fathers in actions to establish paternity in Wichita.
- Post-divorce modifications — When the court issues a divorce decree, it does so based on your current circumstances. If your life or the needs of your children change significantly, the terms of your divorce decree can suddenly be unreasonable and burdensome. Our attorneys help you through the process of modifying terms related to spousal support, child support or child custody.
The task of choosing a family law attorney is not to be taken lightly. You want someone who is capable but also responsive to your concerns and passionate about providing a positive outcome. We invite you to take advantage of a free consultation to learn how Peggs Wheeler can meet your needs.
Contact our family law firm for a free initial consultation at our Wichita office
Peggs Wheeler, LC in Wichita is determined to help you overcome urgent family law matters. For personal attention to all of your most pressing concerns, call 316-512-7853 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.